In the aftermath of my Dad’s murder, I found it incredibly difficult to get any reliable information about what had happened. Nobody tells you what’s going on or what’s likely to happen next.
It seems to be a common experience for many victims’ families.
We didn’t know what to expect. We didn’t get any advice from anybody. Nobody comes to you and says “Well this is what normally happens, and this is what you can ask for,” we were just…
Didn’t have a clue…
SUE MILESON & SHIRLEY COOPER
This guide is a first attempt to change all that.
- The work of police Family Liaison Officers
- What happens in Coroners Courts
- What might happen during Court Cases
Health service investigations
- Who does what? – Mental Health Trusts and other Health bodies
- Different types of investigations
- What’s a homicide inquiry? – What do they do? Are they any good?
- When should they start?
- How can families be involved?
- The problem of Patient Confidentiality
- Problems around Anonymity
- Learning Lessons
- Are they accountable?
- Where can I find previous inquiry reports for my area?
Other Families Stories
INQUIRY CASE STUDIES
and Links to a few organisations that can offer support.